2.11.2018

Beauty from Ashes


"I will give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes. I will give them the oil of joy instead of sorrow, and a spirit of praise instead of a spirit of no hope." ~ Isaiah 61:3 (NLV)

Mistakes.  They are a normal part of life, no matter how hard we try to avoid them.  In fact, the harder we try to avoid mistakes, the more they seem to make a grand appearance.  That's what makes us human - despite what our young adult selves wanna think.

However, let's take it a step further ... let's talk about repetitive mistakes. 
When we make mistakes over and over and over again.  Even though we know those mistakes are wrong, but we don't do anything to change.  Or even if we want to change, but we are worried that we've drifted too far from the Lord ... could He take us back?

The past year and half, I have been living life by my own doing ... the way I've wanted to live it.  I never lost sight of my Savior, but I didn't make room for Him in my life, or my heart.  I let corruption, sin, and every bad thing of the world in.  I was in an ungodly relationship.  I noticed that I wasn't myself anymore, and I couldn't get to the old me ... no matter how hard I tried.  I was anxious all the time.  I was worried/scared that I had fallen so far from God, that He wouldn't take me back.

It wasn't until about three weeks ago that I prayed that God would help me get back to Him.  It was during that prayer, that I knew the first step was to end the relationship.  It was during this prayer, that I had my first conversation with God.

"God, I can't do that.  I love him ... and he loves me!"
"Alisha, do you love Me?"
"Of course I love You!"
"If you love Me, then why were you so quick to end your relationship with Me?  I can offer so much more than Casey ever could.  I want to be your First Love.  I have so much in store for you, but I can't give it to you, until you come back to Me!"
"Okay Lord.  Help me end my relationship with him, I can't do this alone.  I want to be Yours and only Yours.  I love You!"
"I love you too!"

And as a God of His Word, He helped me.  My relationship has ended, and to be honest ... I couldn't be happier.
My view of singleness is so dramatically different.  I don't feel burdened to be single once again ... in fact, it's the opposite - I feel honored!  I love not having to put effort into anyone but me!  I'm all God's, only God's, and that's how it will stay!
I feel as if a huge burden has been lifted, and I am so glad that I listened to God!  When He said that He has so much in store, I wasn't expecting this.
I can't wait to spend this time to get to know Alisha and find out what she's made of!!  2018 is gonna be the year I blossom into God's best, and I'm so excited!!

God truly has made beauty from ashes!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alisha, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I was so worried about you & am so glad you are back on the right track again. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! God bless you! I'm sure it's hard, but I know you know that it's totally worth it all! For us single ladies, sometimes we get caught up with waiting for a prince. But we've already got a King, and He'll bring in the right prince when we're ready, IF He wants that for us.
    Praise God for helping you to make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥