3.31.2015

Preparing to : turn the world upside down



As I was doing my morning Bible reading, I came across something interesting in one of the books I'm using as a small devotional. Because I don't want to paraphrase what I read, I'm going to write out what I thought was verry interesting ;)

*“There is nothing more important than believing that you can, and this is really one of the supreme messages of the Christian faith. Whoever you are, whatever failures there may be in your life, mo matter how difficult and dark the future, you still can. Jesus looked into the face of a group of very ordinary men and told them that they could conquer the world. They believed Him and set about doing it. The Bible refers to those men as “these that have turned the world upside down” (Acts 17:6).”

When you face failure, disappointment, etc., do you feel like giving up? Do you feel as if you can't accomplish anything?

**“When we get the idea that we can't succeed in life, we won't. But if we bleive we can succeed, we will. We need to tell ourselves, We can.”

Remember my post entitled Is“impossible” in your vocabulary?? If you haven't read it I encourage you to read it after you finish this post.

If we say we can't do this or we can't do that, then we automatically set ourselves up for failure!

Let's strive to be the Christians that the Bible talks about in Acts … let's turn the world upside down! Let's believe the words of our Savior when He said that we can conquer the world!

In HIS grace, Alisha

*this text came from When You Graduate by Charles L. Allen and Mouzon Biggs. It was from the chapter entitled Believe You Can pg. 29 : 1st paragraph


**this text came from When You Graduate by Charles L. Allen and Mouzon Biggs. It was from the chapter entitled Believe You Can pg. 30 : 1st paragraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥