3.08.2015

Preparing to: set the world on fire



Since April 3rd, 2013 my life has belonged to God! I'm truly set free from all the past sin in my life {praise God Almighty}, but is it only about being saved? Is that what life as we know it all about? Does our Maker want us to only pray, “God forgive my sins, and come into my heart”? This is what most Christians today think! God wants to us to draw close to Him, so He can draw ever more close to us. If the Christian's life isn't about only being saved then what is it about? What does our Father desire?

At 19 I have finally found out for myself what my Father desires...the One who gives us life, desires for His children to be close to Him. It's not just about praying the “prayer of Salvation” and then attending church every time the doors are open. If that's not what it is all about, then how do you become close to our Father?

You start by prayer! Prayer is one important key element in the devout Christian's life. This is a way to communicate with the Lord. Talking to Him on a daily basis ... two times at least is a good start in order to become closer to Him. “Two times a day, when am I supposed to pray to the Lord two times a day?” How about the first time you pray, is when you get up! The first few things you should grab in the morning are your Bible, prayer journal, and any devotional you use. You shouldn't grab your Ipod Touch, cell phone, lap-top, etc. right when you wake up (I constantly struggle with this =/), and leave your Heavenly Father on the back burner of your life! And the second time is...can you guess? How about the second time is right before you go to sleep?

The next step to be ever more closer to Him is Bible reading! This step is crucial in your walk with God. How else is God supposed to speak to you if you aren't in the Word and aren't spending time in prayer? You don't need to read the entire Bible in one sitting {it has been done}, you just need to start your day out in the inspired Word of God. Start by reading a Psalm & Proverb correlating to what the date is. For instance, recently I read Psalms 13 and Proverbs 13 because the date was March 13. Then little by little add in a book of the Bible that isn't too long, for example Micah {if you read a chapter a day, you'll finish it within the week}. Or Jude {you'll be able to read that in one sitting}. Bible reading is a crucial element in the life of a believer!

The last step is application! This is the key element in the Christian faith, and will help your faith blossom like you can't imagine. Our Father doesn't want you to read something and then forget it...He wants you to apply what you read to your life. Whenever you read a verse, and you are able to apply it the same day you read it...take the challenge and try doing what the verse says! Not only is this the best way to grow in your faith, but it is also a wonderful way to be an example to others, and being set-apart for His glory!!

This very last step correlates to the step of application...a willing heart! God can't use you if you aren't willing to change the way you live your life. This is another common problem in most “Christians” today. They aren't willing to die to the flesh, and flee the youthful lusts {1 Tim. 5:22}

 
Sweet young ladies, be willing to change for the Good! Allow God to make you, who He wants you to be!

In HIS grace, Alisha

2 comments:

  1. I am now not certain the place you are getting your information, however great
    topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or working out more.
    Thank you for fantastic information I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.

    My page :: Soy sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from.

    thanks a lot

    my web page :: scott yancey

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥