3.03.2015

Is "impossible" in your vocabulary? :: March 2015 challenge ::



Do you have a deep desire to accomplish something that will greatly affect the Kingdom, but you're told that it's impossible, or you tell yourself it's impossible? I will admit that I do have a deep desire, and I've been told that it's impossible, and I even tell myself it's impossible sometimes.

When we first learn how to talk, we copy what our parents say. They say “say 'mama'” we say “mama”. When they say “say 'daddy'” we say “daddy” the best we can. Pretty soon they won't need to tell us what to say. We start to repeat what our loving parents say, good … and yes, even the bad. One of the words you'll eventually learn is the word … impossible.

Alisha, my parents decided when they got married that they would never say something is impossible.”

That is great news! Even if you never learn about the word through your parents, you'll still learn about it through friends, school (we have to learn how to spell it eventually, music, etc. As you get older, you begin to understand the context in which to use the word. And eventually, you begin to use the word in sentences cuz it fits.

Is it wrong to use the word “impossible”?
Not it's not wrong to use the word … but using the word can undermine one's faith and make you feel defeated. The Bible says:

All things are possible to him that believeth.”
Mark 9:23

If we look in the Bible, we see that Jesus never used the word “impossible” one time. This word was absolutley and completely out of His vocabulary.

If we believe that God can do everything, then why do we even say that something is impossible? The Bible says:

Jesus looked at them and said, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

As a Christan who is trying to immulate Christ, are you going to keep “impossible” in your vocabulary? Or will you eliminate the word from your vocabulary?

I have a monthly challenge for you …

for the month of March, I challenge you to refrain from using the word impossible. When you feel the urge to say it, remind yourself that Christ never used the word. Quote Mark 9:23 or Matthew 19:26 out loud. As Romans 10:17 says “so then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”


At the end of March/early April, I would love to hear how this challenge went for you :) I will post how this challenge went for me in the post with my March recap/April goals.

In HIS grace, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥