2.18.2015

Don't be a busybody

“Oh my gosh! Did you hear?? Alisha is going to make a very special announcement. You didn't hear this from me, but I heard that she's in a courtship!”
Wow … it's ah-may-zing how easily gossip can get started! Before I continue with this post, I need to clear everything up. I am not in a courtship nor is there a special announcement … sorry for the disappointment lol.

The Bible says:

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.” 
Proverbs 18:8

Refusing to listen to gossip is just as easy as refusing a piece of cheesecake. Once you take a bite of that savory sweetness, you want more and more and more (oh no … now I'm hungry lol). Same goes with gossip! Once you start listening , you long to hear the rest. However, if you resist the opportunity to “nibble” on the gossip, then you won't crave the “second piece” and the “third piece”.

A man that beareth false witness against his neighbor is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.” 
Proverbs 25:18

Think about this verse for minute … a person who gossips is compared to a weapon of violence. So the next time you are being tempted to gossip, imagine yourself “stabbing” your “victim” (the person you're talking about) with a sword … haha I'm sure your mind will be quickly changed lol.

Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.” 
Exodus 23:1

God commanded not to make or pass along false reports (gossip) for a reason. It will/can undermine families, friendships, etc. Next time you're tempted to pass along gossip, remember that our Lord has commanded against it and squelch the false report.

For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.” 
2 Thessalonians 3:11-12

When you aren't spending time doing things worth while, you will find yourself easily tempted to gossip (I speak from experience gulp). So in order to resist the temptation, spend your time doing worth while activities (reading the Bible, journaling, working out, typography, etc).

--------------------------------------------------

Did you find this post helpful and encouraging and inspiring? Leave a comment and let me know ;)
Any thoughts on this topic?  Leave a comment and let me know ;)

 Is there a topic you would like me to post about? Leave a comment and let me know think ;)

In HIS grace, Alisha
      xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥