9.23.2013

Far from home - part 2

Ok...now y'all get to find out where Sydney and I flew to September 8th :)

If any of you guessed that we visited this family...

...then you were correct!

September 8th - 20th we were visiting friends in Colorado.  We had such a blast with them and enjoyed being immersed in "large familyhood" (if familyhood isn't a word, it is now)!

So with all that said, it is time for a million...uh I mean a "few" pictures :)  Enjoy!

September 8th - on the plane

 traveling with this girl was awesome
oh in case you were wondering...the two of us wore our Disney World shirts :)

September 12th - Fun City
this place was awesome! We went here for Maclae and Levi's birthday.....and we had a blast!
We went bowling, we did Laser Tag (that was a hit...we did that over and over again), we did the Laser Maze, and much more!

 all the girls have an iPod - so on our way to Fun City we listened to music :)

this is for you Maclae
 Maclae and I love (we don't know why) pictures of feet....so I took one....

 Maclae and Me

Em & Me

September 13th - Levi's 5th birthday

 Emily made Levi's birthday cake....didn't she do a wonderful job?

 We went to Focus on the Family for Levi's birthday.....it was so much fun!

 Sydney, Me, & Mr. Whitaker :)

 ...

 I had so much fun walking through and seeing all the neat decorations.  

Oh and I almost forgot - I also did the....

 3 foot slide....it was crazy :)

 Me as Eugene....
 Maclae, Me, and Emily in the Narnia room


Our friends entire family as characters from Adventures in Odyssey :)
L-R: Maclae, Emily, Levi, Reaghan, Breckyn, Annaliese, Uriah, Kharis, Miss Susan, Creighton, and Mr. Marc

September 17th - Maclae's 15th birthday

It's hard for me to believe that I have known this girl since she was 7...my how time flies :)

She received many things for her birthday....this Si Robertson calendar was one of them.
In case any of you are wondering - Si Robertson is from the new show called "Duck Dynasty"

September 19th - Castlewood State Park 4 mile hike
yep...you read that right....4 miles!  I had a great time hiking at this state park.  It was so beautiful...and the hike was not strenuous at all...that surprised me :)

we had lunch at a picnic table at the park...
thanks Em & Miss Susan for keeping us all well fed :)

 these two boys were natural hikers!

Liese had it the easy way when it came to hiking :)  Oh the joys of being a baby lol ;)

 Miss Breckyn was Sydney's hiking buddy...

...and Kharis was with them...

Did I enjoy myself?  Oh yes...!
Do I like Colorado over Virginia?  They both have their advantages and disadvantages!
Am I glad to be home?  YES!!

I'm sure you're glad that you've reached the end...am I right? ;)

Well I better get this published so I can go feed my starving Daddy and sister, so afterward we can go clean Grandma's new house!

Oh yeah....I'm sure you didn't know that there are only three people living in this house right now.  Daddy, Me, & Sydney.  Where's Momma you ask?  She's in Iowa, helping Grandma pack and move here to Virginia.  

So that means that while Daddy is at work, Sydney and I:
clean, clean, cook, clean, clean, cook, clean, clean, cook, cleaning, and finally go to bed...just joking :P  We get breaks in here and there....
Tonights dinner: chili....yummy!

Have a blessed Monday night!
Alisha
xoxox









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥