1.17.2015

My goals for 2015

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... I know that this post is waaaaay over due, but eh, at least I'm getting this years goals out here on the blog.

reason behind it : maybe... just maybe .... since I'm telling you what my goals are, that'll be enough accountability right there, and I'll actually get them marked off ... one.by.one!  Maaaaaaybeeeee ;) =P

Sooo here they are .....

>> Faith life <<

:: Study the books of Genesis + Johsua
   - I would like to list all the godly women and find all the verses "describing" why they're considered godly.

:: Read the story of Aquila + Priscilla in the Bible
  - I think it would be too neat if afterwards, I *attempt* to write a play about their story.

:: Do a Bible study for the young ladies at church
  - I still have doin' a young ladies Bible study on my heart.  I started one at a previous church + it was soo enjoyable.  The one that was goin' to be started at the library didn't work out cuz of school, lack of interest, and schedules didn't line up.  Sooo hopefully I can start another one at church :)  I'll keep y'all updated ;)  Prayers are appreciated!

>> Home life <<

:: Start doin' the laundry here at home
  - In this season of life, I really need to focus on bloomin' where I'm planted.  Up to this point, I haven't done such a great job, but this year will be different :)

:: Shop for the family
  - This would include menu planning, checking for sales, using a list (I'm not a fan of lists LOL), + using coupons.  Not too mention - if this isn't done .... either 1) I slacked off or 2) it involves driving the van (which btw is MOM'S car .... I don't normally drive it)

:: Clean the fridge + freezer
  - It needs to be done ... Mom's typically busy + Rhey is busy with school ... I'm free ... might as well be me :)

:: Canning
  - This is a good skill to master ... so this summer, I'm going to master it *gulp*

>> Personal life <<

:: Start using coupons
  - I'm not one to ever use a coupon ... but it's a good habit to start now.

:: Learn how to cook a dish from all the countries that interest me
  - I think it would be neat to try at least one dish from all the countries that I am most interested in.  Yes they end up ... gross interesting ... but I will never know what they are like until I try it.  Pssst ... don't tell Mom, but I may make the entire family try rat (it's quite famous in Uganda, Africa) *muwhaha*

:: Read "The Hidden Art of Homemaking"
  - If I can find the book somewhere I would looove to read this + glean from any wisdom within the pages.

:: Read "How to Live on Practically Nothing And Still Have Plenty"
  - Again ... I would love to find the book somewhere!  Amazon here I come!!!

:: Make a casserole + take it to the Fire Department
  - When I took the cake decorating class, I took the cakes I decorated to the Fire Department each night.  It made me smile seeing those men light up when they saw what I was giving them.

:: Read "Moby Dick"
  - I have heard this classic is really good, but I have never read it ... until this year (sometime).


>> Creative life <<

:: Decorate a t-shirt
  - I found this really neat idea on decorating a t-shirt on Pinterest.  So this summer, I'm gonna try it (maybe I'll get Rhey in on the action too *wink*)

:: Make one or more items of clothing for men
  - A lady at the library knitting group told me that she would teach me how to crochet socks.  I've also found a sewing pattern for a men's tie.  I'm gonna try 'em :)

:: Learn the art of tatting
  - I looove the look of tatting, so I am going to try to learn it *gulp*.

:: Learn how to make a tablecloth
  - It would be so neat to make a tablecloth and put it in my hopechest ... awaiting it's future use.  I'm not willing to spend some craazy amount at the store for a cute cotton tablecloth + I will not purchase the vinyl ones lol.

:: Learn how to make a pillowcase dress
  - I have seen pictures of pillowcase dresses for little girls + I loove them.  Thankfully the patterns aren't too hard to find.

:: Make cloth napkins for a special occassion
  - I just made two cloth napkins last week ... they were soo fun to make!  So I may make some that are to only be used during the holiday season.

:: Make valentine cards and send them to all the widows at church
  - I love card making + the older ladies at church are so super sweet ... they deserve somethin' showing them that they're loved!

:: Attempt to piece together + make a simple quilt
  - I found an easy pattern ... and the picture of it looks soo cute.  So I'm going to attempt to make my first quilt.  Luckily, an old friend of mine in TX showed me how to make one (it was for a premie though).

:: Make one or more items for a baby
  - I found some very cute ideas + have some pretty good ideas/dreams/plans ... now to execute those plans + make those dreams/ideas a reality.  Ooooh soo excited!

>> Music life <<

:: Try writing a song of my own
  - I love playing piano (most of you probably already know that)!  I would love to try my hand at writing a song of my own.

***************************
I better go .... until next time!!

In HIS grace, Alisha
        xoxoxox







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥