2.07.2014

Cast all your cares upon HIM.....not man

As I was going through some of my old stuff, I came across this journal entry dated back to February 28, 2011.....

NOON : Tears....not tears of sadness or joy, but tears of confusion.  Why is God forgetting about me? Where is He when I need Him the most?  Didn't I have a faith before all my troubles began?
I wish I could ask my parents for advice, but how can I admit that I'm struggling?  I wish I could go to God, but will I even get the help and comfort I need?  I know who I can go to, but will he even listen?
What is happening to me right now?  I look at all of my friends, and their lives aren't shattered like mine, why is that?  What am I doing wrong?  I wish I could talk to Ryan, but I'm not sure if he could even help me!

EVENING : I talked to Ryan tonight, and surprisingly he was able to help me and comfort me.  He asked me if I had a Bible and I told him that I did.  He then led me to Matthew 11:28-29.  After we read these verses with each other, he then prayed with me.  He also told me that if I take all my burdens to the cross, I will get the rest Christ is talking about.  But...how can I admit all "these struggles" to Christ?  I wish I could get help with this too....

My point in sharing this journal entry is this: when you find yourself beginning to stray from the Lord, give all your troubles to Christ, and you will then find peace and rest.  A girl at 15 (or any other age) should not have to shed tears of confusion, go to her boyfriend, and keep things from her parents....only in order to get "comfort, peace, and rest."  Like a boyfriend will give her that!!!!
Jesus tell us to cast all our cares upon Him....then He will give us rest!

Ever since April 3, 2013, I have truly felt that rest and comfort that I was in need of three years ago, while I was talking to my now ex-boyfriend!

**NOTE TO YOUNG LADIES - I do NOT endorse dating.  I was truly going through a state of rebellion and depression....and not to mention I was NOT saved!!

In HIS grace, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥