Bedroom Makeover - Part One

Photo from Pixabay

Last year we moved to a house on 5 acres.  The house needed lots of work done to it, but my parents were able to get the work done.  After a year and a half, the house is almost done – yaay.

Today I thought I'd share with you the before and after of my room.  This is part one because my room isn't quite done yet.  Enjoy ;)


Getting ready to take the carpet out :)
My bedroom became the insulation storage room once the carpet came out :P

Let me just tell you – I really enjoyed pulling the carpet out of the bedrooms.

Mom and I worked together and put the wood flooring down.



Whoot whoot!  This girl knows how to lay wood flooring.  This skill is now on my "Good Wife Resume" ;)

 And now my room looks like this …..




Don't worry y'all … I promise I'll post more renovation pictures!!

Have you ever put wood flooring down?
Have you ever renovated a house?
Comment and tell me, I love hearing from you ;)

Comments

  1. Your room looks lovely. I wish I knew how to lay wood floors. We've never redone our house. If we do, maybe I can learn. :D

    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,
      Aww thank you girl!

      I think laying wood floors is a wonderful thing for every girl to learn. If you do, I greatly encourage you to learn ;)

      In HIS grace,
      Alisha

      Delete
  2. I love your bedspread - so pretty!
    Yes, I've laid flooring - it's an interesting process! We've been renovating our house for the 13 years we've lived here - we had to completely start over because it was a disaster. It took a long time, but we're pretty much done except for some trim and whatnot. :)
    It's nice to be able to get it how we want it, but I don't think I'd want to go through it again. ^.^
    Best wishes with finishing your room!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raechel,
      I do too!! It was a Christmas present last year, I just LOVE it ;)

      It is an interesting process!!! Oh wow!!! I can't imagine renovating for 13 years - yikes!

      It is nice to make the house the way we want it!!! Haha I don't plan on renovating again, but if I have to then that's fine too.

      Thank you!!!! I think my room will be finished while I'm gone on a three month trip (I think). So when I get back, I'll post pictures of it completely done ;)

      In HIS grace,
      Alisha

      Delete
  3. So pretty! It looks like a nice room. I was thinking when I google+'ed a picture of my room after redecorating that I really need to redo the whole room. It needs a good paint job and some sealing foam cut away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salinn,
      Thank you - I love my room!!!

      Oh you should totally should!!!! It's fun being able to decorate and redo your osn little space.

      Merry Christmas!
      Alisha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥