7.24.2015

Being Mission Minded << What's Cookin' - Soft chocolate chip cookie recipe : Alisha Bonnell >>

In our family, chocolate chip cookies are a hands down favorite!  In fact, the family members are really picky about what recipe is used - so typically, I don't try new chocolate chip cookie recipes lol.  However, when I found a recipe in an Amish cookbook that I picked up in Jamesport, Missouri (I have a fascination with the Amish / Mennonite culture) ... I just had to try it.  After persuading my family, I made it - and everyone loved them!!!!!

So without further rambling - here is the recipe :)

Amish Soft Chocolate Chip cookies

Ingredients 
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs (if using large eggs, then use 3 eggs) 
1/2 c. whole milk (add 3/4 tsp. of baking soda in milk)
2 1/2 c. flour

1 tsp. baking powder
1 small package of chocolate chips

Directions
Mix & *drop by teaspoon on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees until slightly browned around edges**.



*with this recipe, don't even bother trying to roll the dough into little balls.  The cookie dough in this recipe is a different consistency and doesn't work!

** I don't exactly remember how long it took to cook the cookies.  I believe we just used the normal cooking time on other chocolate chip cookie recipes.

NOTE : with this recipe, the cookies won't be the typical brown-ish color ... instead they will be a blonde cake-y chocolate chip cookie!

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite at our house too! Just curious what cookbook you have as.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥