1.04.2013

White as a rose


 “Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” 2 Timothy 2:22


Living in purity is by far the best way to live your life. God has a perfect future for you, but sometimes we tend to forget that God is in control of our life, and go out trying to live for us. This is very dangerous...especially when it involves close friendships with young men. Lets take a look at an example, then I'll explain what I mean.

Eleven year old Gracelynn was so excited! She was finally at the age that her parents said she could have a “boyfriend” and start dating.   She couldn't wait until she was asked to go out on a date, finally it happened! A young boy named Trevor, came to Gracelynn after school and asked her to go to the movies with him.  She said yes and immensely enjoyed her first date with Trevor. Soon the two became inseparable!  Suddenly Gracelynn's heart was broken.  As she was walking in the hall at school, she noticed Trevor holding hands with another girl.  Soon Trevor came to Gracelynn and dumped her. Gracelynn's heart is now scared forever!

Did you notice anything wrong with this example? Let me show you what's wrong:
First, an eleven year old young lady should not be dating (any young lady should not date period), that is just asking for trouble.  Secondly, having a “boyfriend” is only temporary enjoyment.  I'm sure you have friends that say, “Oh wow, having a boyfriend is so much fun!”  What they really mean is, “I hope this relationship will last longer than the previous relationship that I was in.”  We as young ladies don't need to go searching for temporary enjoyment, when we have God to give us everlasting enjoyment, through His precious Love Letter (His Word).  Last but not least, dating is another form of divorce!  "Oh now you're being just plain silly!  Dating is by no means like divorce!"  Let's take for instance Trevor and Gracelynn's situation, shall we!  

They enjoyed their relationship, until Trevor thought that Gracelynn was not good enough for him, so he dumped her. When a couple gets married they have the best life together, until they realize their partner has too many quirks or dislikes. Then they go searching for something better...this leads to a sometimes nasty divorce.

Give your heart to the Lord, asking Him to hold it in His strong hands. Have Him give it to the right person at the right time. It's never to late! Thankfully we have a God of second chances! Strive to live a life of purity...you can do it!

Dear Almighty God, I ask You to help me keep my body, mind, and most importantly, my heart pure. Lord I ask You to help me avoid all the youthful lusts that I'm tempted with. Create in me a pure heart, oh God!  Thank you for all that You do in my life. In Christ's name I pray, amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by my blog! Okay so I already said what I needed to say in the post, so now is your chance...I'd love to hear what you have to say :D

Here are the basic ground rules:

- when in doubt, don't know what to do next, or even bored...leave a comment!
- be yourself
- remember, your words can plant seeds. Which seeds...that's up to you!
- I like you and what you have to say :D

So what are you waiting for?? Have fun commenting :D ♥

ttyl,
♥ Alisha ♥